Re: LF: Ferrite RX antennas

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Ferrite RX antennas
From: Stefan Schäfer <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2011 21:14:01 +0200
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Wolf,

I thought about a resonated design which has a separate output winding at 50 Ohm, fed to some meters of RG174 (to be far enough from the netbook) and then to a preamp which i already have available (the M0BMU design for the single turn loop). Then feed this to my homemade RX which is way better than the 706 (in a comparison during the QSO with HB9ASB there was nothing detectable on the 706+preamp while Anton was perfectly audible on the homemade design (without the external preamp: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/19882028/LF/HB9ASB.WAV)...