LF: Re: Ferrite RX antennas

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Re: Ferrite RX antennas
From: Minto Witteveen <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2011 22:46:23 +0200
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=message-id:from:to:references:in-reply-to:subject:date:mime-version :content-type:x-priority:x-msmail-priority:importance:x-mailer :x-mimeole; bh=r7KFqnSDvQJm27ggLU8M6J8z9VvJycU3X2LAI+NUYSE=; b=hIHDWFekXxmCzw90bjvYs72Z6kqaWZKeG2xFqbhJLxmJWynOraYDBbf2iqX4URJhcb PACiu2MBq1auD1gf6UFJHFe01Wg3H0nZVbTQ+OtXXSz8IAJXPaZ9HWJUg+OK7+9bOT/n Z5dElffxTctebOXwX8YaKLQ2cHbonWO9Wjz6c=
Sender: [email protected]

Interesting read… ()

However after a few paragraphs I was unable to read any further because I became distracted by all the bullshit-detector alarm bells going off in my head.

Oh come on, this really reads like pseudo science/conspiracy theory.
Some quotes::

·         (Like Stefan said:) “The best… ever”

·         “ my _expression_ of total disdain at the manner in which scientific theories..”

·         “dogmatic repetition, and worse, the indoctrination of erroneous hypotheses into formative student minds”

·         “by the so-called "know-men" of science who control education curricula in our schools”

·         “must also have been similarly disabled from inventing a similar type of inductor due to the same seriously flawed concepts we have all been *taught* to adhere to - and - which we have so clearly accepted and believed as if truth.”

·         “but there is no way that Patent Officers could accept my explanation of how the design works due to my need to state hypotheses very different to the 'theory' they would be obliged to maintain during any filing”

·          Etcetera etcetera….

I can’t comment on his theories themselves (can anybody??) but the wording in this document is classic conspiracy-theory. He has invented/discovered new laws of physics even though he has been brainwashed by ‘those evil and close-minded scientists’, the government is against him (Patent Officers), and so on.

I am not convinced.

73’s Minto pa3bca

Ceterum censeo Carthaginem delendam esse

Sent: Monday, August 15, 2011 01:08
Subject: Re: LF: Ferrite RX antennas

Interesting!

Can anyone of the experts comment on this concept?

After scrolling down through pages of text i just found a few photos. The mechanical concept is clear.
But the author appears almost esoteric to me, like a guru of that antenna,  "The best compact AM antenna in the world - ever!"

So it is said that 20 ferrite rods in that arrangement perform 20 dB better than a single rod. OK, but how well performs such a signgle rod? 20 dB is maybe not enough, compared to a well designed single turn loop, which i have now.  My goal is always LF/137, not MF BCD stations or so. The advantage of the ferrite solution, if sensitivity is sufficient to be well above the noise on a quiet day, would be to be completely free in all /p sesions (without a car).

Would it be possible to reasonable simulate that antenna (not an accurate model but rather an estimation)?

73, Stefan/DK7FC