Re: LF: Re: Ferrite Loops

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: Re: Ferrite Loops
From: "mal hamilton" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2011 13:49:55 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Sliding ferrite rods in and out of coils has been used since radio began to alter inductance. You will find it in radio receiver IF transformers as well as aluminium and brass rods.
I have used this method in PA coils to adjust inductance to that required ie a fine tune tool
It does not have to be rods any shape of ferrite core will do, the same applies to brass and other metals depending what you want to do.
de
G3KEV