LF: 137 from /p

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: 137 from /p
From: Stefan Schäfer <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 04 Aug 2011 15:37:54 +0200
Sender: [email protected]

LF,

Just successfully finished my 70cm link to key the PA from outside the city. It's not the best time of the day regarding noise, an early sunday morning would be better. Anyway i'll go outside the city now and try to RX with the loop and TX the PA, checking if the squelch is set to high or if it can be set even higher. RX antenna is a vertical dipole, frequency is secret ;-) I put a 137.73 kHz signal to the PA input. Now it is waiting for the PTT! I added a watchdog timer (RC circuit between some 4093 gates) that allows a maximum TX time of arround 10 seconds. If there would be a noise, opening the squelch for a longer time, it will close. The test signal is coupling into my RX, affecting the noiseblanker. Anyway, now my RX antenna will not be the grabber antenna. But lastly i have to connect the PTT to the enable input of the mixer circuit (74HC4052).

BTW, Wolf/YHF, is there an input for a CW key on the RS232?

QRV in one hour. Maybe someone will reply?? At least i will hear my own signals and will try if CW is possible too :-) Hopefully the squelch LED driver/circuit is fast enough...

73, Stefan/DK7FC

PS: Intended /p QTH will be http://no.nonsense.ee/qthmap/?qth=JN49IK40QW , 2.3 km distant to the RX/TX...