Re: LF: DL6NN on 137

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: DL6NN on 137
From: Minto Witteveen <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2011 17:26:35 +0200
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=message-id:from:to:references:in-reply-to:subject:date:mime-version :content-type:content-transfer-encoding:x-priority:x-msmail-priority :importance:x-mailer:x-mimeole; bh=3S+1VqE2eccp0isON1xmFLm6JdffCZrciSPqFmEx6tc=; b=YGG8z9mcblqF4hZAfBkIgEQACB7dqEtMH7lNyMC9I9PY0DpPTinfN6V3GYXRInHXLC FY2kWlIEvwcbnOqaGOd7EpXRWOtgunKl0IGxnXxCUOcs+uPad78YpP/NyCTqBFx2rMJV i85SL5Mg8d7HwCVVQWjJNONfBxYvs1pPb35ac=
Sender: [email protected]

Hi Mal,
1 KW should be enough for a regular CW QSO I suppose.
But on the other hand: my antenna efficiency is very low. I did some calculations with MMANA-GAL and the radiation resistance of my 30 mtr long end-fed antenna is only 0.019 Ohm…
And there is no simple way to improve (lengthen or make it higher).
Measurement with my AIM4170 Antenna Analyzer shows a total antenna system impedance of 150 Ohms at 136 KHz. So the efficiency is only 0.019/150 = 127x10^-6. This means that with 1 KW output the ERP is only 0.13 Watt. I hope it is enough..

Kind regards,
Minto pa3bca

Ceterum censeo Carthaginem delendam esse
-----Original Message----- From: mal hamilton