Re: LF: Re: Lightning Story

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Re: Lightning Story
From: Bill de Carle <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2011 20:05:24 -0400
Sender: [email protected]

At 07:29 PM 7/27/2011, Jim, M0BMU wrote:

On the bright side, TL084s are quite reasonably priced fuses, so perhaps an IC socket would be the best investment ;-)

Heh! Both the original part and its replacement were pulled from an old pcb and cost nothing. Next time I'll use something else or perhaps no preamp at all as dj1zb recommends. I had these loops for years on LF without a preamp but found the VLF SAQ signal a bit too weak here to feed directly into a soundcard. Somehow I don't fancy the idea of putting protection against lightning strikes in the shack.

Bill