LF: Re: Re: antenna for 137kHz.

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Re: Re: antenna for 137kHz.
From: "Martin Evans." <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2011 11:38:13 +0100
Sender: [email protected]

Thanks Hugh.

I could do this easily - I even have a small shed at the foot of the pole to
house everything.

I wonder what folks think about my loop ideas, though?

Martin.

I also use an upstairs room for radio, and I have found it best to run a number of coaxial cables down to a waterproof box at ground level in the garden. Here I can connect my aerials to them, and this is also the centre of the network of ground cables and earth-stakes, so it is all securely grounded at this point.

The matching components (where possible) are also located in this box. This reduces the pick-up of interferance sources in the house.
You can think of it as moving the antenna socket of the radio out into the
middle of the garden.
73
Hugh M0WYE