LF: Re: antenna for 137kHz.

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Re: antenna for 137kHz.
From: "Hugh_m0wye" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2011 11:27:21 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
I also use an upstairs room for radio, and I have found it best to run a number of coaxial cables down to a waterproof box at ground level in the garden. Here I can connect my aerials to them, and this is also the centre of the network of ground cables and earth-stakes, so it is all securely grounded at this point.

The matching components (where possible) are also located in this box. This reduces the pick-up of interferance sources in the house.
You can think of it as moving the antenna socket of the radio out into the middle of the garden.
73
Hugh M0WYE