LF: ZEVS today

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: ZEVS today
From: Chris Dillon <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 09 May 2011 22:15:54 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Hi all - Thanks to Eddie G3ZJO for his help and encouragement I was able to set up SL to get good copy of today's teatime ZEVS transmission from 1700 to 1830 UTC. Using Eddie's data units this message is 7,4,8,8,1,4,8,8,7 - a repeated 4,8,8 group with 7 as a start/stop marker and 1 indicating the midway - this has been the pattern for the last few transmissions at breakfast 0800-0930UTC and teatime 1700-1830UTC each day. If there are only 12 tones and two are used as stop/start and midway markers then, in this simple format, this leaves 10 tones or symbols for information - amounting to just over 3.3  bits/symbol. However, who knows how the data is encoded?!

This trace also shows a carrier burst of a few minutes about 90 minutes before the transmission.

I've attached the SL .usr file I was using - which is a huge improvement on the settings I was using yesterday.

73 Chris G3WCD