LF: Re: test again

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Re: test again
From: "Alan Melia" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2011 23:17:05 +0100
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=btinternet.com; s=s1024; t=1303597008; bh=eyi9RmMKOJiltEM1Yh1MGwTItde5/DwLp+He+nF/Yjk=; h=Received:X-Yahoo-SMTP:X-YMail-OSG:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Message-ID:From:To:References:Subject:Date:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding:X-Priority:X-MSMail-Priority:X-Mailer:X-MimeOLE:X-Antivirus:X-Antivirus-Status; b=P2sMbMhrWr6c1IVIgLIgqWXHdxLJZdkFyN9khsob5M+/j0cs0JrQQItjViRYzRLnEDPD+je7LVvsJMDGNXdcV8SgxsLhbtCd+dOyKaC4XskRw52K0E0Ci8cgrGot9/H6V9zovYquyilb4TIJqNJMTwbAghhG7G6bJK1d9kqWyFk=
Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=btinternet.com; h=DKIM-Signature:Received:X-Yahoo-SMTP:X-YMail-OSG:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Message-ID:From:To:References:Subject:Date:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding:X-Priority:X-MSMail-Priority:X-Mailer:X-MimeOLE:X-Antivirus:X-Antivirus-Status; b=J1oVHTRgn+91lACb1vXi4kRera/zmcnfTgt+4CnmuN4XWNyJ/A8S6FwXFtRrsKeS1+MmXL1s6j/Q55MGuF0K7TUzDJDG7fHEuWe0ilVEskMkTC2Uugdq5GDqJTLdjHasrHlC49qAypqY2sYYkGlcf2YhFGxYgnwZr7z4mEEZsQQ= ;
Domainkey-status: good (testing)
Sender: [email protected]
Do I get the message that some are having trouble with the reflector
again.??
Markus both tests came through here ok. Certainly the BT mail server was
very slow yesterday .....I believe reflector mail is classified as bulk and
lower priority so can be delayed over personal mail.

There are a couple of possibilities one is that you are not receiving the
return addressed to you but everybody else gets it.....I have this problem
on several of the Yahoo Groups . The return of my message always goes into
the Spam folder. It can also get delayed en-route.

Some ISPs who may have been marked due to no fault of yours as the
originators of spam soemtimes get blacklisted. The messages are just dumped
there is no "cant deliver" because this ping-pongs backwards and forwards
taking up more bandwidth. Sometimes the Blacklisting is very old and the ISP
or perhaps an enroute node doesnt know hey are blacklisted.

Sometimes an innocent word or sentence in the message will hit the spam or
porn alarm and your message will get dumped. Some seem to get an "cant
deliver" response to some of these but the reasons for the infringement are
almost impossible to work out.

Specifically for Majordomo which is a very old piece of software......it was
designed for text messages ....it will on occasions object violently to some
HTML,  though passing others with no problem......I have never been able to
understand exactly what is going on here. You should be aware it is possible
to hide executing code and other nasties inside  HTML, so it is treated with
suspicion. You will undoubtedly have noticed that all the pharma and
phishing emails use HTML you cant hide so easily in text.

Generally incoming (to UK) mails seem to suffer worse than UK originated
.....Again I am not sure why but the problem may somewhere on the route. If
you are very clever you can learn a lot from the headers........but I cant
help there.

suggestions.....try a simple text only message, try using a different
address (ideally a different ISP) I seem to remember one user recently was
having problems with t-online.de

....and dont worry Yahoo has it problems as well ....any system that tags
its own moderated messages as spam has got to be neurotic :-))

I hope that helps

Alan G3NYK