Re: LF: Corona Discharge - how to prevent ?

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: Corona Discharge - how to prevent ?
From: "Alan Melia" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2011 23:08:34 -0000
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=btinternet.com; s=s1024; t=1299107316; bh=IfYkHGQqOkQ0b7MfwPLAtUqAJXWe9xMuRB7Za+1vCS8=; h=Received:X-Yahoo-SMTP:X-YMail-OSG:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Message-ID:From:To:References:Subject:Date:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding:X-Priority:X-MSMail-Priority:X-Mailer:X-MimeOLE:X-Antivirus:X-Antivirus-Status; b=6IYMsS7FPhEYsu0BMfK0zssBUPdJdcccQ5dik+HMP9p8fkxEQKfB4cT2ENBLSr+XGwjDTyJVa2oEpjE3Bddf4n3CYIp5AbnGt47a5cRy+jhHN81ajgbMmEif0ix9CWiXs3bTlbSTn10aiZEIQ0BvhS4qeCFe/lSCCfd5/PuaV9Y=
Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=btinternet.com; h=DKIM-Signature:Received:X-Yahoo-SMTP:X-YMail-OSG:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Message-ID:From:To:References:Subject:Date:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding:X-Priority:X-MSMail-Priority:X-Mailer:X-MimeOLE:X-Antivirus:X-Antivirus-Status; b=NiqfDMZF51x8hmFnfc8MS5utlWMLXCIHaQF/iE2uHqmOINrOm+HfqsPfBuX+fDVx/Kzet9PnRJren0qXlHnVWV03nn0tsL5f2CpEUR+0eUchAtSZpGpW3ipfcRVbnAfHHKhlPB1tDtCwNiqn2J8PIPxa9moRMVGjza0FoMwmb3o= ;
Domainkey-status: good (testing)
Sender: [email protected]
Hi G dont get too complicated .....yet...... think the end of a bit of wire
1mm diam even if domed the radius of curvature is 0.5mm (but its prob been
cropped with cutters !). Now connect that to the centre of a disc of metal
with a smooth edge, 100mm in diam (that 4in for the decimally challenged
and OAPs like me :-)) ) the radius of curvature is 50mm 100 times greater so
the field is (probably 100 times) lower. It doeesnt matter its only 2D and
across the wire is still 0.5mm because you now have 30cms of that in
parallel.... the periphery of the ring. It might be better is the rings were
made of 5mm tube but that is lot heavier, you are not gaining much, and
discs and spheres have too high a windage. I dont think two rings are
necessary at our power levels  a pair of binocs on a dark night should show
if you still have a problem.

Jim will put me right if I "balled" it up :-))

Alan