Re: LF: Corona Discharge - how to prevent ?

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: Corona Discharge - how to prevent ?
From: "Graham" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2011 22:26:06 -0000
Sender: [email protected]
Thanks  Alan , John.

Yes that  seems  to be the solution , may be a  ball   would  do  the  same thing ?.. I was  wrangling with the charge  distribution angle .. as to the  best  way  , assuming a  sharp point on the  ring  would  still  produce the  same  corona  ?

The  double  stacked  ring  looked a  good  idea  , but  is  only  in 'one plane'  what  happens  at  90  deg  ie  in front  and behind ...  ?

The tube  has possibilities, I have some  copper brake  pipe , that   should  do the job ....

Pity to  quench it, it  looks  quite impressive  in the  night  ! , (not  sure what its doing to the  local
medium wave reception  though...)

tnx - G..