Re: LF: Corona Discharge - how to prevent ?

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: Corona Discharge - how to prevent ?
From: "Graham" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2011 00:20:42 -0000
Sender: [email protected]

Ok Jim

..... Interesting point about moving the discharge point round the antenna .... may be at the far end is the safest place , would not want to induce evil spirits in the shed ! .. though I suspect you refer to 137 khz and not 500 , the feed from the variometer is quite 'hot' but nothing 'glows' in the dark

Re the Bino's , not quite needed as the end of the wire is about 7 feet off the ground , could be the reason for the discharge , the capacity wire is inverted L shaped , from the top loading coil ..

73 -G..