Re: LF: how to get ground rod ressitance low

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: how to get ground rod ressitance low
From: "Jurgen Bartels" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2011 14:43:12 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
> I have pushed a number of 3 meter long 15 mm copper waterpipe in the clay
> here each within a minute.
> The trick is to move them up and down whilst pushing in.

I once did the same, let water run in the hole while pushing the rod up & down
Yesterday I told this to an electrican who built a few grounding systems.
He said that this isn't allowed, because along the rod would develop holes when
the water has left, increasing the resistance
Not sure if that is just myth or truth, and if such an instruction exists.

Jurgen Bartels  Suellwarden, N. Germany
hor. Antennas: 11-ele 45-87MHz 13-ele Band-III, 48-ele UHF, FM: 15.11
MW: staggered 300m Beverage 320°,  30 x 4m EWE 320°, Winradio & Perseus
http://dx.3sdesign.de/tv_offset_list.htm
http://dx.3sdesign.de/station_list.htm

http://fewo.3sdesign.de  - Vacation home: DX right at the Northsea coast