Re: LF: how to get ground rod ressitance low

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: how to get ground rod ressitance low
From: Stefan Schäfer <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2011 13:26:13 +0100
Sender: [email protected]

Jürgen,

Am 10.02.2011 09:23, schrieb Jurgen Bartels:
  one the other hand I want a small
rod that can be pulled out with ease in spring when the season is over.
Which season is over in the spring? VLF? Or LF? Theoretically its never over although the records are done in winther of course. If people stay QRV it won't be over! :-)
What resistance do you get usually and what size do you use?
Well, the losses are not only due to the earth but also due to surroundings such as trees and buildings. I do not measure the earth losses between two earth rods since its difficult to calculate the actual losses that will appear in a given antenna by that. So my loss measurement include the surrounding losses. On LF i get about 15...20 Ohm. On VLF it was just 65 Ohm last sunday. I'm using a copper plate 0.2m x 25m x 0.01m and now 2 earth rods that can be seen here: http://cgi.ebay.de/Erder-Staberder-1-5-Meter-DIN-50976-/400170116873?pt=Elektroversorgungen&hash=item5d2bff6709
Stefan, you wrote yesterday that you got 65 ohms with your rod on sunday.
That's still pretty high
But not on VLF, as long as you don't live near the sea!
And i am /p, not at home where one has all the time of the world to increase and increase the earth system and can start by using the mains grid!

What is your earth loss resistance when transmitting on your LF antenna and which antenna current do you achieve? Or don't you have a TX system at all?

73, Stefan