LF: how to get ground rod ressitance low

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: how to get ground rod ressitance low
From: "Jurgen Bartels" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2011 09:23:16 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
I just discovered that my ground rod isn't ideal by having the assumed 0 ohm to
earth. Measuring with 10VDC the current from neutral/waterpipe to the rod gives
about 140 ohms.
I use a 8mm rod 1m long in wet soil. I put in another one and tried several
places nearby and got it a bit lower, but far away from ideal.
So I assume the surface size is too small, one the other hand I want a small
rod that can be pulled out with ease in spring when the season is over.

What resistance do you get usually and what size do you use?

Stefan, you wrote yesterday that you got 65 ohms with your rod on sunday.
That's still pretty high

Jurgen Bartels  Suellwarden, N. Germany
hor. Antennas: 11-ele 45-87MHz 13-ele Band-III, 48-ele UHF, FM: 15.11
MW: staggered 300m Beverage 320°,  30 x 4m EWE 320°, Winradio & Perseus
http://dx.3sdesign.de/tv_offset_list.htm
http://dx.3sdesign.de/station_list.htm

http://fewo.3sdesign.de  - Vacation home: DX right at the Northsea coast