Re: LF: 40 years (completely OT, but...)

To: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: 40 years (completely OT, but...)
From: Chris Trayner <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2011 23:44:15 +0000
Accept-language: en-US, en-GB
Acceptlanguage: en-US, en-GB
Sender: [email protected]
> I once looked in the catalog of 1952 or so, and found the very first
> transistors there, quite pricey

I can remember, in the 1960s I think, Radio Constructor having an entire back
page advert for red spots at 15/-.
I also got given an OC72 for a birthday present - it came in a little cardboard
box, like a valve box but smaller.

(For non-Brits or non-fogeys, 15/- meant 15 shillings no pence, i.e. 75p
decimal.)

73,
Chris G4OKW

Dr Chris Trayner
School of Electronic & Electrical Engineering,
The University of Leeds,
Leeds LS2 9JT, United Kingdom
Tel: +44 113 34 32053
Fax: +44 113 34 32032