Re: LF: Re: More earth-mode tests and a puzzle

To: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: Re: More earth-mode tests and a puzzle
From: Roger Lapthorn <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2011 00:21:37 +0000
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:subject:references:from:content-type:x-mailer :in-reply-to:message-id:date:to:content-transfer-encoding :mime-version; bh=8HLW8ue/FAxMOelg4UhDSYaYOrZSkZ530NqkPLra3Xw=; b=raHdMZUgiGllLqMt5ipc0atDXR17cFvbr2H4rOCKdC0yOeGWynSPjEANx+4D0lN4UY cqy6Li5mS98XCogHtxmvVOlssX6SBpVzDhRLePBletHb1CmOoz23VEeF46vgUbPb53Zx YkczK099Y3Hm0SbhSCTgDER7BBoaPEt9qJJwk=
Sender: [email protected]
Jim

With an EFP the orientation did not seem to matter much at all and signals at
least 20dB S/N could be detected in the shack. With the 80cm loop there was no
signal detected in my house at all 3km from G6ALB. There was also zero signal
detectable using my earth electrode system. In the street (presumably over
pipes) the loop has to be flat on the ground for best results. At 3km range and
QRSS3 the signal is strong (when received) and well above background noise
using Spectran on settings of around 0.34Hz BW.

73s
Roger G3XBM

Via my 2.4GHz handheld (iPod Touch 4g)