Re: LF: FET RDS

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: FET RDS
From: Stefan Schäfer <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2011 23:04:19 +0100
Sender: [email protected]

Hi Gerhard,

I know many people using a 1 Ohm to 4.7 Ohm resistor in series when paralleling the FETs. This is to prevent e.g. "oscillations" and is used in SMPS applications, switching at some 10 kHz. In my PAs i never used a gate resistor (they just increase the switching time in my opinion) and never lost a FET by that. I would rather say its important to make the coupling impedance between the driver output and the different gate legs as low-impedant as possible. In my 160m PA is was necessary to use a copper plate the connects the driver and all the 4 gates. But on 137 kHz this is not that problem.

A IRFP260N can handle at least 1 kW in a class E PA at 137 kHz, so what do you plan? :-)

73, Stefan