RE: LF: Re: China on 518kHz Navtex

To: [email protected]
Subject: RE: LF: Re: China on 518kHz Navtex
From: Paul-Henrik <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2010 11:15:41 +0200
Sender: [email protected]
Hello Rik, LF

Not a NAVTEX related reply, but perhaps still relevant to all of us on the list:

ARD is quite strong at times even up here in Finland. I have wondered many times
why ARD is no threat to the NAVTEX service and why airplanes don't fall out of
the sky when there is a strong NAVTEX transmission on and someone is using
ARD's signal while being at the outer limit of the service range.

It would be interesting to see the calculations / assumptions made when
co-ordinating these services. Especially with WRC-2012 getting closer day by
day.

Just a thought.

BR

Paul-Henrik, OH1LSQ