Re: LF: China on 518kHz Navtex

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: China on 518kHz Navtex
From: pa3abk <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2010 14:20:38 +0100
Sender: [email protected]

12-12-2010 13:50, John GM4SLV:
Hello,

Slightly Off Topic, but last evening I received a Navtex transmission
from China on 518kHz, a distance of 9061km and at an early time of
1811UTC.

John
GM4SLV
I  also check on 518kHz to see whether there is some propagation on 600m.
There is sometimes a good path to South America, but no 600m station is QRV there yet.

Maybe already known to most of us, but a very handy tool for this activity is
YAND Yet Another Navtex Decoder. It has some tools in it:
Filter on distance and signal quality. 2D and 3D display selection of stations. The program is more dedicated for DX listeners on Navtex, as a future it also decodes and saves the received msg's.

The only disadvantage is that it's fixed on the Windows preferred souncard.
(At least I couldn't find where to I can change that)

Download:  http://users.telenet.be/NAVTEX/YAND/

It will ask access to the internet and check for the database of navtexstations on the website mentioned above..
Jan/pa3abk