Re: LF: DK7FC's VLF Active Antenna

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: DK7FC's VLF Active Antenna
From: Stefan Schäfer <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2010 19:16:55 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Ken,

I have not tested other JFETs so far. Is it just because of the SMD housing? I don't use a SMD PCB but a "free air" soldering. So if this is the problem, just solder the FETs legs directly on the next part, e.g. solder the drain directly on the 390 Ohm resistor. Attached you find a picture that shows how my current used VLF grabber antenna looks inside. Don't be shocked ;-)

If you anyway want an alternative, the J310 or the (2SK170) should be possible. There are some parameters like the noise and the gain and the input capacitance which are affecting the performance but this is all not so critical on VLF.

73, Stefan/DK7FC