Re: LF: DK7FC's VLF Active Antenna

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: DK7FC's VLF Active Antenna
From: Andy Talbot <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2010 23:52:23 +0000
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:received:in-reply-to :references:date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; bh=+wwpwKgx9QL1ByxwNJuRJoIlEoV2t2cGe/AcEk5MQAM=; b=ZvpBw1Kk2ADYvZxkz1AWospsGMnXupma36HTmCDxBPBCzbVEeXyS88CkNRKMRcmKhi Iwc97D6qtAXdapfL/adrg6D1niYSd45RCjBfcFgeJ/e2oa2DwTGDgkXSEW7ljb6P2F6f hAqrSmQ8IqJIj2u3nDRX8nBUbXbE2LtSl7LOI=
Sender: [email protected]
It won't be long before leaded components become unavailable.  Certainly the useful modern ones that actually do teh job that's wanted.   I've compared availability and prices in the Farnell catalogue recently (having just got the almost cubic shaped printed version :-)   and leaded components are just more expensive and less available that SMT equivalent.    And the bulk ordering quantities available on many of them make ordering less than 100 off of some of the more popular ones just a waste of money.

Constructors really will have to start getting used to using SMT devices are their first choice every time.  Start practicing now before you're forced to.

Andy

been using SMT components for preference for something like 15 years now.