Re: VLF: Funny things!

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: VLF: Funny things!
From: Jacek Lipkowski <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2010 23:17:18 +0100 (CET)
Sender: [email protected]

On Sat, 20 Nov 2010, Markus Vester wrote:

[...]
Regarding the cats' hearing, I can definitely confirm your observation. Our
two cats didn't seem to be bothered by the transformer or coil noise at all.
They were simply inspecting the hardware with due curiosity, and one of them
even took a nap in the vicinity. And I am sure they do hear well, proven by
their unambiguous reaction to certain little noises coming from the kitchen

Marcus, maybe it's because they practiced listening to DHO38 for so long, that a 9kHz whine doesn't annoy them now :) they hear up to 64kHz according to this:

http://www.lsu.edu/deafness/HearingRange.html

VY 73

Jacek / SQ5BPF