Re: VLF: DK7FC's 8th VLF kite experiment

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: VLF: DK7FC's 8th VLF kite experiment
From: Jacek Lipkowski <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2010 03:27:53 +0200 (CEST)
Sender: [email protected]
On Wed, 27 Oct 2010, Stefan Schäfer wrote:

I just saw that the signal on 8970 Hz is strongest at the end, means the last dash of the "M" while the 1 hour transmission is rather weaker. But my ERP must have been higher during the 1 hour transmission. There must be some propagation effects here!!

the grabber was subject to constant tweaking. i was modifying the gain manually to set it a bit below clipping, and contrast/brightness for best view constantly. also notice the small gap before the first dash of G and M - i've switched on the 6470Hz filter, to see if if it was broad enough to receive both 8970 and 6470Hz (it wasn't, so i switched it back).

there are some propagation effects for sure, but not that much. i guess that your signal varies as much as the noise, subject to propagation. also please keep in mind, that i am located in the middle of a large city, so that there is some man-made noise, which also changes with time (people turning on the tv for their favourite shows etc).

next time i will leave the gain alone, and maybe record the whole session to process it later, so that we have a bit more scientific results :)

VY 73

Jacek / SQ5BPF