Re: VLF: here no results from DK7FC's 8th experiment

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: VLF: here no results from DK7FC's 8th experiment
From: Daniele Tincani <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2010 10:37:32 -0700 (PDT)
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoo.com; s=s1024; t=1287855453; bh=riR+hrTMQwDvCxy+ZbebDWEPYGba+8KZOXEWA3X8fh8=; h=Message-ID:X-YMail-OSG:Received:X-Mailer:References:Date:From:Subject:To:In-Reply-To:MIME-Version:Content-Type; b=lLZhDfvYVCG8ELTC46/Z/Rx/mvZGxFBJIz2BNxho+SduX9DgGuu4TkAXrqpJ884Ct93o102Z7ZconIE/MUukTrlwQ5SH3ausx20dGbr3FqgtjmKGtjF1My9pn6SHhzkawAYyFabdEPD8KOb/scLAFRDwKMN7KV6zXx/16WEHxcU=
Sender: [email protected]
Hello Horst, I live in a very noisy sub-urban area too (in JN53EM). Lots of power lines, a motorway, a railway and tens of small factories are around here just within a few hundreds meters. I attach a broadband capture I did some days ago over > 12 hours just to give you an idea of the hum level at my QTH :-)
Nevertheless, I managed to have a fairly good reception of first Stefan's 8970Hz tx today. For this reception I used a very simple-to-build loop design from Renato Romero and Marco Bruno (http://www.vlf.it/easyloop/_easyloop.htm). Please consider that my loop sits simply on my balcony on the 5th floor of a 6-floors tall building, with a nicely open view towards the sea, from south-west to north. It is only a few meters from home mains, PC, TV, etc..
I think that some hum reduction (which happens in the morning), great quality of Stefan's signal and digital processing in SpecLab all play a decisive role. For SpecLab, I attach here the USR files that I used today for 8970 and 6470, they were kindly sent to me by Stefan and I found there has been a great improvement in signal readability at 8970, compared with my previous reception (during 7th experiment) in fairly similar conditions.
With my best whishes for a good reception on next trasmission experiment :-)
Best regards
Daniele