Re: LF: Ik1HSS & RA3YO

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Ik1HSS & RA3YO
From: "james.cowburn e-mail" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2010 11:01:50 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Stefan

If you see below, Ofocm have asked me to demosntrate some calculations to show my ERP.  any help on providing a "robust" and "defendable" response would be appreciated if you can help me.

I'll be using an inv l antenna 10m/40m fed via a 1.4H coil or perhaps LOPT.   Tx output will be from an audio amp at 200W running QRSS across a freq range of say 6khz to 10khz.

My earth conditions are fair to poor with average soil quality and a several rods and radials but no great expanse of buried copper.

could you send me some numbers I can then forward back to Ofcom.

i'm guessing that with a limited set up such as that the ERP will be in the nanowatt/femtowatt ranges

thanks in advance for any help

with best regards

jim G7NKS

Hello James,

As you know we are now progressing the applications for a SRP NoV for 9kHz and we need a element of clarification concerning yours please.

We have observed what might be an anomaly relating to the calculated efficiency referred to on the page titled “Proposals for Site”. Could you please provide us with figures that were used to arrive at the power levels quoted under ERP?

An early response would be welcomed in order that we can put all of the 3 current applications to the Met Office as one offering.

Any concerns please let me know.

73

Rod  (G3TXA)

Rod Wilkinson