LF: SAQ

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: SAQ
From: "Roelof Bakker" <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 04 Jul 2010 19:50:42 -0200
Sender: [email protected]

Hello all,

The 09:00 UTC transmission was received very well in the south western part of the Netherlands. Easy aural copy in a 500 Hz bandwidth and the "back wave" on key up could be heard as well.
It is about 20 dB weaker than the signal on key down.

I have made a 0-100 kHz PERSEUS recording of the complete transmission, split up in 1 minute files of 42.9 MB.
These can be downloaded from my webspace:

http://www.ndb.demon.nl/SAQ/

This is not only of interest for PERSEUS owners, but also for those who use Alberto di Beni's excellent WinRAD.
If you don't have it, you can download version v1.33 here:

http://www.weaksignals.com/

After installing WinRad, click on ShowOptions, then Mode and select I (Left) / Q(Right).

Click once more on ShowOptions, then Select Input and select WAV file...

You can now browse to the location on your hard drive where the PERSEUS file(s) have been stored.

Start playback by clicking on the green play back arrow.
Then select CW and set Tune to 17.200 and you are in business.
I have to click on the RBW knop to get the ruler displaying the right frequency.
The setting of RBW does change the frequency resolution of the displays.

When you have heard SAQ, you can also look at other stations up to 100 kHz as received at my QTH.

The antenna is a mini-whip, mounted 5 metre up the stem of a magnolia tree.
Effective capture area is 30 x 40 mm.

Best regards,
Roelof