Re: LF: RE: DLF passive received with earth antenna

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: RE: DLF passive received with earth antenna
From: Roger Lapthorn <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2010 19:07:11 +0100
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:received:in-reply-to :references:date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; bh=ztv4bZHzH3PSGVakSOf+s/613aSWHi1EQXOInNHFmrc=; b=Ln6TSPWSO43kWd8FtwOZTtehlnQH9T3QvX8TJxxHn1NtU2mCOdF9AF+yjFteJiO1GO lfap/KOiYUItOQqqAzX/6mQrY2K+XOLeCvxz3Xekfx+7Jyxzr65VGPx9ejDosTgEnLjQ xFupdmnRUBBCDjTp90ldrJM0kJ6TFqfJZ/Ihs=
References: <[email protected]> <[email protected]> <[email protected]> <BF4A524700075746A6467658DFC7102C51094D0E37@ICTS-S-EXC2-CA.luna.kuleuven.be> <[email protected]> <BF4A524700075746A6467658DFC7102C51094D0E44@ICTS-S-EXC2-CA.luna.kuleuven.be> <263121BD51374246B3F184A43B2E9619@JimPC> <BF4A524700075746A6467658DFC7102C51094D0E45@ICTS-S-EXC2-CA.luna.kuleuven.be> <[email protected]> <E21763BAE3DF42FAA9E57979CFC3F5CD@JimPC> <[email protected]>
Sender: [email protected]
This sounds an interesting talk. Where is this conference being held please?

Perhaps with Heyphones and Nicola systems working in the 40-90kHz region these antennas do behave differently.  At 500kHz I'm convinced the earth electrode structure behaves as a loop based on the reports I've received and directionality. I suspect the same is true at 136kHz .

At ELF/VLF I think the earth electrode pair must act in several ways simultaneously.

(a) As an induction loop. This certainly ties up with behaviour and loop orientation locally in my experiments away from buried cables.

(b) As a means of producing a potential difference in the ground for earth mode (conduction) communication. Again, this is how I understand my "utilities assisted DX" is being achieved on 838Hz with the signal being largely conducted along buried pipework and cables and the last few metres being inductively coupled into my loop receiver. I can't see how else just 4W can get so far.

(b) As an inefficient and lossy dipole radiating a tiny signal.

It would be most interesting to read about the ELF antennas used for Project Sanguine and the theory behind these. These (miles long) antennas were grounded at each end and the grounding was important for the system to radiate an ELF signal detectable in the deep oceans at 76Hz.

Has Dr Gibson written anything already to give us a clue what he thinks is going on?

73s
Roger G3XBM