RE: LF: Soundcard frequency calibration for 8.97kHz tests

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: RE: LF: Soundcard frequency calibration for 8.97kHz tests
From: Laurence KL7UK <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2010 13:06:50 -0800
Sender: [email protected]
Thanks Wolf - I found it and should have looked there first...and removed the script from the Periodic actions - .

 "capture ("vlf.jpg")
oldtimestamp=timestamp
timestamp=str("YYMMDDhhmm",7200*int(now/7200)))
exec ("cmd /c start /min upload_vlf.bat "+timestamp+" "+oldtimestamp)"

I dont think Ive had one day since the reawakening of 9kHz when I didnt have a thunderstorm within a 100 miles so listening/looking is a little "fraught" here in the Plain states at this time. My most stable source of my soundcard remains Hawaii on 21.4kHz...but this isnt too bright and is hiding in +30dB s/n- QRN from my local whizz bangs. Lots of local trees down this morning which made bicycling thru the woods an interesting obstical course.

Laurence KL7 UK/5 Bartlesville OK

> Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2010 22:08:20 +0200
> From: [email protected]
> To: [email protected]
> Subject: Re: LF: Soundcard frequency calibration for 8.97kHz tests
>
> Hi Laurence and group,
>
> Sorry, your provider hotmail rejected the following message (it has
> blacklisted mine for whatever reason), so I'm sending it this way...
>
> you wrote:
> >>

> Wolf - thanks for the latest - all loaded ok here and Im presently
> playing at a cal source as I dont really have any on air within range
> sigs to lock to - still Ive got a "partially locked" 10MHz ref and
> divided it down to 9765.625Hz and that works well.
>
> Im just getting one oddity an error message "windows is unable to find
> upload vlf_bat" which comes up intermittently. Any ideas of where Ive
> screwed up?
> <<
>
> The upload_vlf.bat batch file was used by Markus to upload the
> screenshots to his website via FTP.
> I guess it's still in one of the configurations downloaded from his site
> (DF6NM VLF grabber).
>
> To stop calling that batch file every 30 minutes, select (from the main
> menu):
>
> 'File' ... 'Periodic Actions', and uncheck the 'active' option on the
> periodic actions tab.
>
> This should fix it.
>
> 73,
> Wolf .

Hotmail is redefining busy with tools for the New Busy. Get more from your inbox. See how. =