Re: VLF: RX stations in Canada and US?

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: VLF: RX stations in Canada and US?
From: [email protected]
Date: Sun, 6 Jun 2010 20:22:25 -0400
Sender: [email protected]
Mike

that is very similar to the DBM mixer I built for LF
using a simple and very stable Clock Osc it tunes to DC
I was told that DBMs like 50 ohm terminations and I
put a 3 Db term on each port,,, all in all the
converter did/does work well
I used a op amp for the rf stage in front,, not sure if it goes low but
it did work
to the stuff around 24 Khz well,, check around mini circuits
for the DBM there are several to chose from

Bob K3DJC

On Sun, 06 Jun 2010 16:11:34 -0500 "Mike.WE0H" <[email protected]> writes:
> Put this in front of the receiver and it'll work to DC.
>
> http://sites.google.com/site/g3xbmqrp/Home/saq
>
> I think that would be an easy receive converter for someone to
> build.
> That way a guy could use his HF rig's DSP filtering.
>
> Mike
> WE0H
>

> Clemens P wrote:
> > Hi Joe,
> >
> > from what I can find in the web it tunes down to (only) 15kHz.
> > That's probably because  below 15kHz synthesizer sideband noise
> would
> > be an issue.
> > My Sony CRF-1 tunes down to zero Hertz but you can
> > hear the increasing synth. noise below 15kHz .
> > But it's still possible to receive the three alphas at ca.12kHz
> and
> > ca.15kHz.
> > Maybe when using the broadest filter with 8kHz you can get usable
> reception
> > at 8,97kHz.
> > For a first try I would look for the alphas at ~12kHz.
> > OTOH, >15kHz you can expect an excellent performance with this
> rx.
> >
> > 73
> > Clemens
> > DL4RAJ