Re: VLF: RX stations in Canada and US?

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: VLF: RX stations in Canada and US?
From: "Mike.WE0H" <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 06 Jun 2010 20:14:00 -0500
Sender: [email protected]

Hi Bob,

For sure those Mini Circuits mixers are good. I am laying out a circuit board right now for a transverter that uses one of those. It's the G3XBM 500kc Transverter that Roger designed.
http://sites.google.com/site/g3xbmqrp/Home/500k

It'll run on lower bands with the tuned circuits worked on a bit. My current transverter uses the SA612 mixer. That one will be dedicated to 1750 meters soon and my new G3XBM transverter will be for 600 meters.

Mike
WE0H

riese-k3djc wrote:
Mike

that is very similar to the DBM mixer I built for LF
using a simple and very stable Clock Osc it tunes to DC
I was told that DBMs like 50 ohm terminations and I put a 3 Db term on each port,,, all in all the converter did/does work well I used a op amp for the rf stage in front,, not sure if it goes low but
it did work
to the stuff around 24 Khz well,, check around mini circuits
for the DBM there are several to chose from

Bob K3DJC