Re: LF: Re: Sub-9kHz NoV progress

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Re: Sub-9kHz NoV progress
From: Roger Lapthorn <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2010 08:55:40 +0100
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:received:in-reply-to :references:date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; bh=XTRb7VEKSIEdVQa910gMmZkPcj7QOkJGcmrfQ16/gpc=; b=VQaDijCnCvSmvk5H8qvinqBSn5wtjQo+aQeqrodQtYm56OX5oi+OBMOgroQfpIhSAI 2blqN8nBTHiVOVh8qdf+6iegSpp2gztmNeE+MJkPjecnJUnqVkEDeGXljaxGYtS7fLd3 L2c2TOaGcssaZXOXC5hBsQcYOrjfYmC+iX9Qg=
Sender: [email protected]
It does not surprise me that the OFCOM and the Met Office have taken almost 3 months to make no decision yet on NoVs for sub-kHz, but I was doing "the right thing" by applying for one.

A reasonable response would have been to give permission to go-ahead on a "non-interference to other users" basis for a fixed period and possibly with a limit on power to the "antenna". In the absence of hearing any news I've gone ahead with occasional earth-mode transmissions at 1, 5 and 8.97kHz using just 4W on the reasonable assumption that radiated power is likely to be in the pW region and the risks to other users almost non-existant.

Were I to run hundreds of watts to a larger antenna structure then it seems reasonable to wait for the NoV. Even then, as Stefan has shown, it requires a LOT of effort to get even a couple of mW of radiated power and the true risk of interference to other users must still be tiny.

73s
Roger G3XBM