LF: RE: 5,2 km distance on 8,97 kHz with an earth antenna

To: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: RE: 5,2 km distance on 8,97 kHz with an earth antenna
From: Rik Strobbe <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2010 08:58:12 +0200
Accept-language: nl-NL, nl-BE
Acceptlanguage: nl-NL, nl-BE
Sender: [email protected]
Hello Stefan,

thank you for the very interesting report.

"This brought me to the idea that if we are discussing ground loop antennas, the impedance of the antenna is not just resistive but it has an inductive component. And, the bigger the loop area, the higher the L and so there should be a phase offset due to that reactive part!? I will try to measure that. Maybe it can give us informations about the depth of the back flowing current…"
Indeed it would. At 9kHz it should be possible to do that using the notebook (headphone output as "signal generator", the 2 stereo inputs to measure voltage and phase at the antenna.

73, Rik  ON7YD