LF: AW: Antenna wire

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: AW: Antenna wire
From: Stefan Schäfer <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2010 19:36:05 +0200
Sender: [email protected]
Tony,

If it doesn't matter about the weight of that cable, RG58 is not a too bad idea
if there is a need to handle very high voltages. But since you told us you will
have a very long wire your antenna C will be high and so your L will be low and
so your antenna voltage will be low as well. So there is probably no need to
have an extra big wire. You can just take a thin wire, e.g. 1mm diameter. It
has a little more resistance but that doesn't matter since the overall losses
will be much more.
So it's better to take many thin wires in parallel (spaced >1m) than one big
wire :-)

73, Stefan/DK7FC