Re: LF: Antenna wire

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: Antenna wire
From: "Graham" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2010 12:10:43 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Tony, If you  need a  long wire ,

Check out the  telephone installers , I found a  trade supplier that was nearly  half the  e-bay  price for  a  drum of N-10  drop  wire , a 250  mtr roll  came the  next day , depends on the  intended  span , 700  ft in this case ..

But , long low wires or  loops do not  give the  expected performance , as Mr M pointed out a  while ago, but  as the  Ae I have  at  'fpr are  about 90  feet  above the  ground and  surrounded  by salt  water , the  Q seems to be quite  good , even  as the  loop  is closer to the  fort, a few 1000 tons of  yellow sandstone ,I do not think its  particularly damped, quite  reactive on HF

Depends on the  band and the  space ?

G .

Sent: Friday, June 25, 2010 10:35 AM

Would welding wire do, the CO2 welding wire about 1mm copper coated steel wire ?
That I already have a roll of and it's available in Lidl this week.
Tony, EI8JK.