LF: Re: Antenna wire

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: Antenna wire
From: "Dave Sergeant" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2010 11:21:02 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
On 25 Jun 2010 at 10:35, Tony Baldwin wrote:

> Would welding wire do, the CO2 welding wire about 1mm copper coated
> steel wire ? That I already have a roll of and it's available in Lidl
> this week. Tony, EI8JK.

When I have seen this referenced elsewhere the problem mentioned is
that the copper coating is extremely thin and soon disappears leaving
you with bare steel, not good... Hence, avoid it.

Don't you have any rallies in your area? Or even boot sales. Failing
that most internet companies offer free carriage over a reasonable
amount - not sure if UK companies extend this to EI land, but you have
some in your own country, eg http://www.digikey.ie/
http://ie.farnell.com/ and others. And of course there is always ebay..

73 Dave G3YMC

http://www.davesergeant.com