LF: Re: Re: Antenna wire

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Re: Re: Antenna wire
From: "Tony Baldwin" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2010 10:14:11 +0100
Sender: [email protected]

Sorry to bewilder you Dave, but when it comes to LF wire aerials I really am a complete newbie. Although I've been licenced for over 40 years now, I have spent all my time up the "other end" of the spectrum.

So, no I haven't really got 100m rolls of stranded cable kicking around in my shack. I do have a 6 foot dish, a couple of 30 foot long 2m yagis etc, etc, so any wire needed for a 136 aerial I will have to go out and buy, and before I did that I wanted to make sure that I wasn't wasting my money on the wrong stuff, plus wire shops are few and far between down this neck of the woods. The only wire locally (nearest 15 miles) is CB & TV coax, twin and earth electrical and electric fencing wire, anything else is a 120 mile round trip to Cork city or arm and a leg postage.
Thanks for the tip about loudspeaker cable, that might be possible locally.
73, Tony, EI8JK

----- Original Message ----- From: "Dave Sergeant" <[email protected]>