Re: LF: Re: 500 Permit emission’s bandwidth? EU and Global ??

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: Re: 500 Permit emission’s bandwidth? EU and Global ??
From: "Graham" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 6 May 2010 14:46:34 +0100
Sender: [email protected]

Ok Dave,

Yes , My Permit is the same , with all modes except speech, there is a possibility that after the Ros tests in the week, that Jose , may code a faster version of the eme mode as a live chat mode, but I have advised him that there is a problem with the mode bandwidth, so any system coded may have to fit into a 100 Hz slot.

There are other issues which are well aired , however assuming at some point these are resolved, then it should prove to be a viable data mode for 500 and possibly 137 (assuming 100 Hz is ok on 137) He has indicated , quote ' 100 HZ at 6.25 baud. Speed it would be about 150 characters/minute, half of PSK31, and 8.5dB better than PSK31.' this I'm sure would be most useful and being single carrier /phase-c is suited to the E/D pa's in use and would not suffer from the phase problems on 500 that psk has.

Lets  hope this is a positive  outcome  from the  Ros tests  last week !

G ..