Re: LF: Alpha dashes

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Alpha dashes
From: Jacek Lipkowski <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 19 May 2010 22:30:41 +0200 (CEST)
Sender: [email protected]

On Wed, 19 May 2010, Johan H. Bodin wrote:

I have measured SAQ's "backwave" on a few occasions in the past and I
think it was about -17dB referred to key-down, about 4kW output.

thanks for the info.

a 4kW transmitter (but with an antenna orders of magnitude better) is a much better test of receive performance.

according to the SAQ website they run the alternator on tuesday evenings, maybe they have the antenna connected, and we could use it for testing?

The Alpha signals, when active, are easily copied here using nothing
more than an piece of wire connected to an audio amplifier with hi-z input.

exactly - not much of a test of receiver performance. btw in your location you can probably receive SAQ without the wire :)

VY 73

Jacek / SQ5BPF