LF: Alpha dashes

To: "rsgb" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Alpha dashes
From: "mal hamilton" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 19 May 2010 19:52:44 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
In plain english who can receive the alpha dashes and at what strength around EU.The reason I ask is because I do not intend to proceed with engineering a 9 kc
system if no one can receive it. Alpha reception would be a yardstick and it appears most cannot hear it.
I have a commercial RX that covers the desired frequency and with a 40m non resonant loop antenna the dashes are around S6 but resonated I expect a couple more S points and using the inv L array resonated I would expect over S9 and a suitable arrangement for 9 kcs
de g3kev