LF: AW: 8.97kHz - Near field test by ear: The "human factor"

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: AW: 8.97kHz - Near field test by ear: The "human factor"
From: Stefan Schäfer <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 29 May 2010 00:18:02 +0200
Sender: [email protected]
Hello Horst!

My last mail was written in the afternoon but was reflected just before some
minutes :-/
You already have been out and got good results, very fine! I am interested in
your 800m long wire results :-) Do you have some more power for that test?

I also did some transmission tests within the near field, using about up to 40W
into a 25m long wire in about 15m height. I transmitted withh the TV
transformer in a distance of 1,8km. But it was in a wet forest and i had a bad
earth and the transformer was not resonated and i had no measurement devices
with. There was no reception in this first test, not even in DFCW-600. I will
do it again with a better equipment but it seems that this region is very
lossy! Maybe i should try another antenna here! If you reach 0,4km BY EAR with
QRP i should reach the grabber with QRO and DFCW-600 out of 1,8km with a
suitable wire ;-). Maybe i should also try such a earth antenna tomorrow. The
VFO and PA is available. Today, after my transmission the car battery was to
weak to start the engine so i had to roll the car a litte up on the top of the
hill to roll down on the other side and start the engine. Exciting, in the
darkness ;-)

Horst, what is the impedance of your earth pole antenna? What is the antenna
current and the antenna dimensions? My 300W PA can apply up to 100V at its
output (in abt 12V steps). I still have no imaginations what i need for that :-)

Good luck with the following tests!

73, Stefan

Now sending this mail at 22:17 UTC!