Re: LF: RE: 8,97 kHz active antenna circuit and pictures

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: RE: 8,97 kHz active antenna circuit and pictures
From: Stefan Schäfer <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 11 May 2010 12:04:16 +0200
Sender: [email protected]
Hello Horst, VLF,

Am 11.05.2010 10:45, schrieb Horst Stöcker:

TV Transformer, interesting. I think it should work well on lower distance. QRP on 9kHz, hi. I also had this idea after my first tests on 9kHz. I wanted to test it but my few TV transformers are DST and I think I will need a flyback. The flybacks are common in the first generations of tv sets up to the seventies but hard to get nowadays.

Look here: http://www.oppermann-electronic.de/html/teslatechnik.html   (TESLA 82)

I am not sure if the hoizontal antenna is the best solution. As we know in theory there are more ground losses. But if this will be of any significant influence at this low frequencies?

It is just a simple and "inofficial" test. But the transformer already works. The antenna is very bad! Just 8...10m and 3m up. It is mounted in a tree and there are houses around it... A first test was negative yesterday. It seems i've been to optimistic ;-) But anyway.
Those TV transformers are only suitable for local near field tests. I assume you will not radiate something that can be detected in the far field, as long as you stay below QRSS-600000000 ;-) My goal is to produce a signal in 1,1km. Then i can check if an improvement of the grabber is really an improvement. You know, sometimes you think you have successfully reduced the noise but in fact you have also reduced the wanted signal, so nothing is won. Increasing the SNR is the goal and this is better to check if there is a wanted signal that is exactly on the frequency and in usual modes...

I am looking foward to your tests again.

As soon as possible!

BTW I am waiting for more motivating weather conditions. I collected a few hundred meters of isolated military wire. After confectioning it I will have material for an earthbase of about 800 to 1000 m. This will be tested as soon as possible.

Earthbase? Do you want to try such a ground electrode antenna? This would be very interesting!

73, Stefan