LF: Re: Sub-9kHz walkabout tests

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: Sub-9kHz walkabout tests
From: Roger Lapthorn <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 11 May 2010 12:22:33 +0100
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:received:in-reply-to :references:date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; bh=2WOgL/7zGBbyw7AzPwDsP96MDZW8WWXAd6ItJUOkwxY=; b=mFAQrvWvx/s/Ygc/YvRk+1lY6II0OKsrU9cxpcrw7IK1kXRXXs1kBozLEjZLQy1Esw oY0RTSch1Ap1kUz/61LrzHt7tmFdmZa6JoZ/GDlHtuTmgvLJ/U3a5L6nE6S2qvUA7Kmv Yyo7nVCguInjFHuf5GBN4D6OioEz2E9lUuUoI=
Sender: [email protected]
Attached is a picture of the "transmitter" I am using for these ground and induction communications tests. It uses a TDA2003 audio IC into a toroidal step-up transformer that can match from 10 to 150 ohms. Not sure of the transformer type which came from an old Pye Telecom PMR radio, possibly an M206 or similar (it was used on the audio stages).

I haven't yet tried listening with an active probe antenna to see how that would perform. Time is limited this week and I'm away next, so further tests may have to wait until the end of the month.

73s
Roger G3XBM