Re: LF: RE: 8,97 kHz active antenna circuit and pictures

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: RE: 8,97 kHz active antenna circuit and pictures
From: Jacek Lipkowski <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 10 May 2010 21:51:56 +0200 (CEST)
Sender: [email protected]
On Mon, 10 May 2010, Stefan Schäfer wrote:

PS: I have built a small TX antenna at my new home QTH in Heidelberg. With a TV transformer and my 300W PA (running at 15W DC input) i apply about 2kV rms on a 10m horizontal wire, about 3m above gnd. The distance to the grabber here is 1,1km. Hopefully i can see something, at least in DFCW-600...

i've tried a tv transformer with a 40m horizontal longwire and abt 3W input. the signal can clearly be seen on a mobile receiver 1.3km away from the antenna:

http://acid.ch.pw.edu.pl/~sq5bpf/ham/vlf/sq5bpf_vlf_test_20100406.jpg

so you will surely receive it with a better rx (the receiver here is a crude bf245 active antenna + lowpass). since then i've improved the distance by some 300m.

i didn't post it to the list, because i hoped to optimize the setup, hope to be able to run higher power.

VY 73

Jacek / SQ5BPF