Re: LF: Re: VK to Eu - both ways!

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: Re: VK to Eu - both ways!
From: "Markus Vester" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2010 10:13:33 +0200
Sender: [email protected]
Dear Paul, Wolfgang,

thank you very much for sharing your results! This is an excellent confirmation.

I'm still amazed at the day to day phase reproduciboility, which seems to be only a fraction of a cycle over a 27 Mm, mostly nighttime path.

The depth of the nulls indicates that the two components happen to have almost equal amplitude. It would be interesting to try the other way round, ie. look at eg. GBZ from down under! If the relative long path contribution was much less there, we could conclude that east-west nonreciprocity does indeed play a role, and the "upwind" path does suffer more attenuation.

Steve VK2ZTO, are you still reading this reflector?

Best wishes,
Markus