Re: LF: VLF TX experiments_short report

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: VLF TX experiments_short report
From: "Clemens Paul" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2010 22:58:05 +0100
Sender: [email protected]

Hi Stefan,

...But thus the internal C is high, so stray currents occur that increase the resistive losses. Additionally the >proximity effect plays its role...

Do you mean circulating currents by 'stray currents' ?
Did you measure the self resonant frequency of your coil?
As long as you operate at half its self resonant frequency stray capacitance
won't hurt
regarding losses.

Q is low, just abt 38 and thus i get such a low voltage at a given power. But i will build a own VLF coil soon, >with the needed L so that no parallel C will be required.

Doubling a given inductance by a parallel C will quadruple losses at the same
frequency.

73
Clemens
DL4RAJ