Re: LF: PA0 into Alaska 600m

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: PA0 into Alaska 600m
From: "Johan H. Bodin" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2010 07:56:54 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Andy,

I tried to connect two class E stages in push-pull and it worked as
expected. This was a QRP experiment on 160m but I see no reason why it
shouldn't be scalable. The even harmonic cancellation of the symmetrical
design is welcome since the drain waveform contains quite a lot of 2f.
Each side is designed for half the output power into some R and then the
matching transformer is designed to have 2R looking into the primary.
The two series resonant tanks can be combined into a single one having
half the C and twice the L (as in the attached picture).

Who will be the first to try a QRO version of this amplifier? :-)

73
Johan SM6LKM

Andy Talbot wrote:
> All designs & ideas for a 1kW+ Class E PA gratefully accepted :-)
> I do have a 50V 25A PSU, so it 'might' even be feasible.
>
> Two big meaty FETs in parallel may cope.    There's an article in the
> latest QEX, just arrived, that appears to run class E stages in parallel
> - but its part of another concept, not targetted at high power /per-se/.

GIF image