AW: AW: LF: PA0 into Alaska 600m

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: AW: AW: LF: PA0 into Alaska 600m
From: Stefan Schäfer <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2010 13:35:46 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Ok Jahan, tnx.

I do not use an output transformer in my E PAs, rather a simple coil (which
becomes the biggest part of the PA on 137kHz when losses should be less :-) ),
i mean a LC transformer.
OK, i understand what you mean about the harmonics. But are the harmonics such
a problem? I use a standard 4 pole lowpass filter and harmonics weren't ever
been a real problem. Even without a LP filter the wave looks astonishing sinus
like ;-), at least at Z=R=50 Ohm.
Additional complexity will be on the driver side (?) but that is an interesting
concept! I have never thought about that. Are there no problems with coupling?
I mean, the phase has to be exactly 180deg and so you have to choose exactly
the same Cs, Ls and so on. What about the variation of the parameters of the
FETs and Ls and Cs due to temperature rising (if it is not changing equally),
manufacturing and so on? Isn't that a bigger problem than the harmonics?

What are you planning, how much power on wich band? And which FETs do you use?
IRFP series?

73 es gl :-)

Stefan/DK7FC