LF: Re: 1/2 wave 500

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Re: 1/2 wave 500
From: <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2010 11:59:18 -0500
Sender: [email protected]
Mal

I worked WD2XSH/35 in South Dakota a couple weekends ago and heard him a couple times since. Here's his e mail to me on his setup. Think it should read one leg N/S and the other is E/W. Note that it is at 20 feet! Appears to work.

Jay W1VD  WD2XNS  WE2XGR/2

Jay,

I have an ICOM 706MKIIG feeding aqn attenuator which feeds a transverter from 7.2 MHz to 500 KHz.    The transverter is feeding a solid state amp.  I am running about 10 - 15 watts ERP.  The antenna is a half wave dipole on 500 KHz about 20 feet above the ground in a N/S and E/W configuration. one leg is N/S and the other is N/S.

I am listening on a ICOM 756PROII and a HyGain Hytower.

73

Jim

WD2XSH/35  K0HW